Monday, September 24, 2012

Little Sick Girl


Megan has had what we're pretty sure is the flu for the past several days. She ran a fever of around 100-101 for three days straight and has yet to recover her voice. She mostly speaks in a whisper. She's also exhausted. Even yesterday, her first fever-free day, she got in trouble about something and we sent her to her room. I found her there ten minutes later fast asleep in her bed ... and she slept for 13 hours straight the previous night. The girl is wiped out but hopefully on the mend. This photo is from Friday, when I kept her home from preschool and she camped out on the couch with Popsicles, her water bottle, and cartoons.

I should add that, through it all, Abigail has been completely healthy. I pray she remains that way, because we would all be miserable if she were sick, hoarse, and feverish for days like Megan has been. I credit Abby's good health to the fact that I nurse her and pass on antibodies that way. Just another benefit of nursing. 

1 comment: