Monday, October 3, 2011

Pumpkin play date

Megan has become great friends with a little girl who lives a few blocks from us, and this morning, we all went together to a local pumpkin patch for some fun. My camera batteries died unexpectedly, or I would have taken even more photos. I still got some good ones, though. I got Megan to pause for a few seconds for this picture just outside a big straw maze.


She likes to "feed" animals at petting zoos. I think the pigs were mostly gnawing on the straw she kept shoving at their mouths and weren't really eating it. They also had ponies, cows, donkeys, goats, sheep, chickens, and kittens.


The big sandboxes filled with corn are one of the highlights of this particular pumpkin patch. 


It's always fun to jump in the corn!



The tractors took some real effort to pedal.


I tried to shake Megan down after playing in the corn, and we dumped lots out of her shoes, but when we got home I still emptied a good-sized handful of corn out of her underwear. 


Another action shot as she jumps into the corn!


Megan and friends on one of the giant tire swings! The girls sat in this swing for probably a good half hour while I twisted the swing up and let it unwind. This place also had slides made of corrugated plastic tunnels/tubing, horse swings made out of tires, a wooden fort maze, and lots of pumpkins to look at. We are slated to return here with some other friends in a few weeks, as long as baby girl #2 doesn't arrive before then, so more pictures may be coming ...

No comments:

Post a Comment