Sunday, October 2, 2011

Surprise baby shower!

Our Sunday school class surprised me with a baby shower today after church. They are a great bunch of people and treated us to a lunch that included fried chicken, veggies and fruit with dips, potato salad, baked beans, and, of course, cake.

Our class also was very generous with gifts. Naturally, Josh had been in cahoots with everyone for the last few weeks, often discussing plans with the class during weekends when I sang on the praise team and wasn't in Sunday school because of practice. He gave them our registry info and told them what things I wanted most. One big item I really wanted was an Arm's Reach co-sleeper bassinet. They got us one, with an extra sheet to match. We also got a new umbrella stroller I'd had my eye on, a crib sheet, photo album, several packs of diapers, a few outfits, a Babies R Us gift card, and a Pampered Chef food chopper (from a friend who sells Pampered Chef, in case I want to make my own baby food). Megan also came away with some big sister loot: a Sesame Street book, a butterfly-shaped notepad and pen, a headband, and her own giant bag of animal crackers.

Josh didn't bring the camera because he wasn't sure how to sneak it out of the house without me asking questions, so hopefully some folks will share their pictures with us. For now, here's a goofy picture of Megan enjoying some leftover cake!


This was Megan right before we left for church this morning. She got this little jacket from another granddaughter of Grandpa Bill's who sometimes passes down outgrown clothes to us.


And I guess she's into making faces for the camera now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment